RTOS Design and Debugging Techniques Hands-on
Real-time operating systems (RTOS) have found their way into nearly every embedded system. The problem though is that an RTOS can often complicate implementation, increase module coupling and make debugging a nightmare.
In this workshop, Jacob Beningo will walk attendees through RTOS implementation and debugging techniques that will help developers accelerate their design cycle and implement more robust and flexible design techniques. Attendees will learn hands-on about topics such as:
- How to initialize tasks
- How to properly set task stack size and monitor for stack overflows
- Decouple application code from the RTOS
- Properly protect shared resources
- Minimize response time for system events
- Perform application tracing and performance analysis
Additional topics and details about specifics boards and RTOS will be provided closer to the conference.