Home > Tracks > Embedded Systems Security

IoT Hacks: Behind the Scenes

Joe Hopper - Watch Now - Currently watching: 0

News reports of IoT breaches are now commonplace, with manufacturers often blaming end-user misconfigurations or 'sophisticated attacks'. This implies the victim customers and organizations were simply unlucky, but have you ever wondered exactly how these hacks occurred and what could have been done to prevent them?

Joe Hopper, a professional hacker for the Fracture Labs technology security company, will walk you through:

• How hackers target the victim devices
  • How vulnerabilities are discovered
  • How the weaknesses are exploited
  • What could have been done to prevent the breaches in the first place

pepipox
Score: 0 | 7 hours ago | no reply yet

Excellent presentation! Joe, could you explain a little bit about TPMs? were we can get some more info on them? thank you.

JBlen
Score: 0 | 6 days ago | 1 reply

Hi Joe
It's a brilliant and explanatory presentation. I wish I have time to tell you: Any change to learn and work with you?

Joe_HopperSpeaker
Score: 0 | 5 days ago | no reply yet

Thank you, I appreciate that. Please feel free to connect with me on LinkedIn so we can chat further.

Alexey
Score: 0 | 6 days ago | no reply yet

fancy beard and smooth introductory to the subj
Thanks

LeeT
Score: 0 | 6 days ago | 1 reply

Any chance this presentation could be made available? My management is starting to get the idea that security is something we should start considering.

Joe_HopperSpeaker
Score: 0 | 6 days ago | no reply yet

Hi Lee, glad to hear they are starting to consider security more now. I would love to chat with you to hear more what concerns your organization might have. We provide free introductory sessions - like this but more collaborative - to help raise awareness and get the gears turnings. Could you please shoot me an email (info@fracturelabs.com) or schedule a quick chat from our site (https://www.fracturelabs.com/contact-us)?

Joe_HopperSpeaker
Score: 0 | 6 days ago | no reply yet

Hello everyone, and thank you for joining my session! Please let me know if you have any questions or comments!